MAST YEAR CIDER WITH BERRIES - ANSWERS
- Other than a delicious berry cider, what is the meaning of mast year?
A mast begins with prolific flowering of beech trees, followed by the production of huge amounts of seeds. Before mammals arrived in New Zealand, these mast years of abundant food allowed birds to raise many more chicks than in normal years.
- Name one edible native NZ berry
- How often do NZ native trees mast?
Every 3 - 4 years
- Are beech trees evergreen or deciduous?
beech trees are broadleaf and evergreen.
- What is the life expectancy of the Kākāpō?
The only lek-breeding parrot species in the world. perhaps the longest-lived bird species in the world, estimated to reach 90 years.
ISLAND NATION APPLE & FEIJOA - ANSWERS
- What is the name of New Zealand’s longest beach?
Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe - 90 Mile Beach
- Where is NZ’s largest marine reserve?
Our two largest marine reserves are located on offshore islands (Auckland and Kermadec Islands) and these two reserves account for 97% of our protected sea-area.
- Name three species of dolphin found in NZ waters.
Maui's dolphin, Hectors, Bottlenose, Dusky and Common
- What is NZ’s southernmost island?
The Campbell Island group is the most southerly of New Zealand's subantarctic islands, lying 700 km south of New Zealand's South Island.
- How many islands does New Zealand consist of?
BIRDSONG CRISP APPLE CIDER - ANSWERS
SEARCH FOR OUR NATIVE BIRDS ON THIS PACK: Kārearea (New Zealand Falcon), Tūī, Ruru (Morepork), Kōkako and Weka.